In this podcast we are featuring the plant Chamomile!
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- A short history of Chamomile. (Asterecea family: The botanical name is Matricaria chamomilla )
- Chamomile’s usefulness in nature.
- Plant’s Physician
- Helps prevent damping off
- Companion Plant
- Chamomile’s usefulness medicinally.
- Calming and peaceful, Helps anxiety, helps sleep.
- Helps with Menstrual cycles & labor & delivery.
- Helps with pain/Anti-inflammatory.
- Great for promoting healthy digestion.
- Fights against cancer tumors according to these studies.
- Great for skin care and keeping a “youthful” appearance.
Recipes/How to Use:
Warm Cup of Tea
The first and easiest way to use chamomile is by using its dry leaves brewed in a warm cup of tea. You can absolutely dry and make your own chamomile tea, otherwise you can purchase some like this!
• Facial Toner:
- ½ cup witch hazel (where to get it)
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable glycerin (where to get it)
- 5 drops chamomile essential oil (I use Doterra)…Let me know if you are interested!
- 5 drops lavender essential oil (I use Doterra)
- Amber glass bottle (where to get it)
- Cotton pads (where to get it) (or a bottle with a sprayer)
If you do not have chamomile essential oil, you can use the tea in this recipe:
- 1 cup chamomile tea, cooled
- 1 tsp witch hazel
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
• Aromatherapy to reduce anxiety:
Diffuse chamomile and lavender essential oils around your home to reduce feelings of stress and tension.
Or use during prayer and Bible study with Frankensience to increase spiritual awareness.
Or Diffuse it with lavender to calm an upset child or help a child sleep.
Or Diffuse it with Rose essential oil to help sort out feelings of depression.
• Heal irritated skin/Sunburn (recipes via Dr. Axe)
Heal blistered skin by mixing two drops of tea tree oil and chamomile, and then apply to the blistered area up to five times per day. Combine lavender or chamomile oil with one tablespoon of coconut oil and apply to the skin with a cotton ball to reduce swelling and pain.
• Bathtub Soak Mix a half cup of baking soda, epsom salt and five drops of chamomile and bergamot oil together. Rub into your muscles and soak in the tub for at least 15 minutes to calm your mind and help soothe muscle aches.
• Nighttime face lotion: Apply two to four drops of chamomile, lavender and peppermint essential oil to your temples for a cooling effect, immediate relaxation and help staying asleep. Try making your own lotion using soothing essential oils; my Homemade Frankincense and Myrrh Lotion will tone, lift, heal and protect the skin — just add five drops of chamomile for anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving benefits.
• Relieve PMS: Mix two drops of chamomile, sage, basil and rosemary oils, and then apply to a warm, moist hand towel and apply to abdomen.
• Relieve motion sickness: Inhale chamomile, peppermint, lavender and ginger oil to reduce motion sickness
For More on this Topic See:
Dr. Axe site…it has all the good stuff!
This show is brought to you by ME and my super supportive family! If you would like to support this process, please consider sharing financially @ my Patreon page!