This is Episode #23 and I have the pleasure of introducing you to someone I have only known for the last year, or so, but has made a HUGE impact on the lives in my community and family! Kyle Denton is an herbalist here in the Milwaukee area, and he and his wife, Serena are owners of “Tippecanoe Herbs”. Kyle is so well versed on herbs and the way herbal medicine can be utilized to enhance our health, so I am beyond excited to sit back and let him share some knowledge with us! My immune system and overall health have benefited greatly from his herbal mixtures, tinctures and concoctions, but I have also enjoyed the education he shares through fun jingles and entertaining stories! This guy is full of joy and he shares his gift with sincerity and intelligence, so without further ado, you might as well start smiling now, because Kyle will absolutely brighten your day!
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Who Kyle Denton is and how growing up in Northern Wisconsin set him on a journey for loving plants and eventually studying herbalism.
- His journey to becoming an herbalist and studying under various herbal-inspired teachers.
- Herbalism from an Ayurvedic medicine approach and how Kyle wanted to learn more about where the herbs came from and how the actual plants could be used. He started learning more about Western Herbalism and North American plants that can be used for healing.
- His journey from starting at farmer’s markets and then opening a his own herbal shop. How he educates others on plants and plant medicine.
- His herbal medicine 101, and how people use herbs more than they even recognize, especially in their cooking. (Coffee, Cayenne, or tea…etc)
- Herbs support and help our bodies (“they give us space”) They allow our bodies to do the work necessary.
- Herbal Preservations: Drying, making tinctures, adding to oils or apple cider vinegar etc.
- Best foraging practices. How to ensure you are gathering in a good space and not hurting the natural ecology of the environment you are gathering from.
- How herbs need to be taken in a way that resonates with the person using them.
- How we can use herbs practically in our own lives.
- He speaks of how he feels it is his job to give and teach and share generously. He believes this is what makes a “more abundant life”, when we are willing to live for others and share generously
- We get a LIVE jingle from Kyle about Violets!
Resources We Mention:
Jim McDonald Herbcraft.org & His Resources link
For More on this Topic See:
If you are interested in looking for plants in your area, I have some great posts you ca check out…like some of these posts about various plant features…
This show is brought to you by ME and my super supportive family! If you would like to support this process, please leave me a review, share with your friends/family, pray for us, and/or pay it forward by helping others in need.
Intro/Outro Music by Scott Holmes, “A Wee Tipple”