In this episode I interview my husband, Danny Thompson about our intentional community with my parents. My husband doesn’t necessarily love being on the podcast, but I was really grateful for his perspective! He shares some of the fears that one has in moving in with their in-laws, and some of the benefits he has found in the process. Listen in to a candid conversation (our first of more to come!) about our generational living set-up.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why we moved in with my parents.
- Danny’s health
- Permaculture ideas/experiments
- Saving money
- “If you want to go fast, go alone…if you want to go far, go together” African Proverb
- The benefits of living with my parents from Danny’s perspective.
- 6 acres to do permaculture and homesteading
- Accountability in spirituality, communication and personal growth
- Saving money (food/electricity/time)
- Shared responsibility. (Making meals, watching Montana, growing our business)
- Spending quality time with aging parents.
- Some of the difficulties of living with my parents from Danny’s perspective.
- Learning humility/learning communication.
- Lack of respect from outside opinions
- Feeling “judged” or “watched”
- Why we are planning to stay long term.
- We are having fun and sharing responsibilities.
- We love the home and the people & my grandma is moving in too!! 🙂
A blog I wrote about our intentional community.
This show is brought to you by ME and my super supportive family! If you would like to support this process, please consider sharing financially @ my Patreon page!
Intro/Outro Music: “A Wee Tipple” by Scott Holmes