This is episode #19 and today, I am hanging out with the always beautiful Heather Ford, who is my FIRST returning guest! Last time she spoke with us, on episode number 3, she was still a Miss, and nowadays she is officially a Mrs, but that is not the ONLY new thing for Heather, which is why I needed to have her back on the podcast!
Heather is the creator and sustainer of the Modern Life Mrs Blog and Lifestyle Brand. And last time we hung out, we spoke about her experience with ulcerative colitis and how it has influenced her life professionally, and personally. Heather was so incredibly transparent in that interview, and her experience with an autoimmune struggle turned out to be an amazing inspiration to others who are figuring out their own wellness journeys.
Today, I am asking Heather to focus specifically on what she has learned since we last spoke about how to manage her own colitis, AND we will also be talking about practical tips for living a more natural lifestyle, especially as it relates to being an expecting mama! That’s right, this lady has a little one on the way!! And so as you can imagine, we have a LOT of catching up to do! So, listen in as we chat about her health and wellness journey as an autoimmune warrior and mama to be!
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- About Heather & her husband Mike, and their entrepreneurial adventures.
- Autoimmunity, specifically colitis, and how it changes in pregnancy.
- How to navigate alternative health with medical doctors. The importance of respecting doctors, but also listening to your own body and experience.
- Examples of how to make practical wellness changes, and reduce toxins.
- Listening to your body & importance of intuitive healing.
- Favorite Essential oils, and why quality essential oils are so important.
- Importance of a self discovery journey. Mental healing and vulnerability are areas we need to bring more attention too.
- Mindful eating. Paying attention to the way our own body feels, and taking the opinion of others with a grain of “Himalayan Sea salt” :).
- Benefits of cutting out alcohol.
- Health is a day to day journey…some days are wonderful, some days are less than…Stay in the game.
Air Doctor for purifying air.
Primally Pure Deodorant
For More on this Topic See:
Check out Heather’s website for all of her amazing blogs on health and wellness…she really is amazing to follow!
This show is brought to you by ME and my super supportive family! If you would like to support this process, please consider sharing financially with the Permaculture Princess Support Squad.
Intro/Outro Music by Scott Holmes, “A Wee Tipple”