These cookies are wholesome, vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free, delicious and super fun to make!!! I should warn you, I am constantly doubling and tripling recipes to get the “desired” amount, so you’ll find my recipes can feed a fairly large family. 🙂 Hope you enjoy!
When I make quinoa, I tend to make a LOT! So, I developed this recipe to utilize some of my excess quinoa in a fun and perfectly-sweet way. My family LOVES them! They are kid-approved and a guilt-free pleasure for fulfilling your baking urges & your sweet-tooth, all at once!
Chunky Quinoa Chocolate-Chip Cookies: Vegan, Gluten-Free & Refined-Sugar-Free
1 Medium Chopped Apple
2 cups Cooked Quinoa
1/2 cup Almond/Peanut butter
2 Flaxseed Eggs (or 2 regular eggs)
2 cups Gluten-free Rolled Oats (Blended into oat flour)
2 tsp Stevia
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups Chocolate-Chips (dairy-free and stevia-sweetened chocolate chips are buying options, I like Lilly’s Brand Dark Chocolate chips)
1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Peel/core and chop apple, add banana and crush/mix well.
3. Rolled Oats: add 2 cups of rolled oat to a blender to food processor and blend until it is a fine flour.
4. Flaxseed Eggs: Blend 2ish TBS of flaxseeds and then pour water over the blended seeds and let it sit for 3-5 min.
5. Nut Butter: blend your own peanuts or almonds or use a pre-blended nut butter of your choosing!
6. Quinoa: Cook your quinoa (preferably your quinoa has been cooked prior to this moment, but just to reiterate, we are using COOKED quinoa.)
6. Add all ingredients to the apple and banana mixture! (Cooked quinoa, nut butter, flaxseed eggs, blended-rolled oats, stevia, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, salt)
7. Fold in chocolate chips
8. Spoon out the dough onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wiped with coconut oil.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, and let cool completely before serving.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 4 days, 1 week in the refrigerator, or frozen for a few months!