This is episode #35. Today, I am introducing you to Stephanie Rose. Stephanie is the founder of the popular website GardenTherapy.ca, which includes gardening and permaculture advice, information and projects. She’s an award-winning author and a student and teacher of organic gardening and permaculture, who aims to encourage better living through plants. This conversation will get you inspired for springtime, share practical tips for garden landscapes and focus on Stephanie’s most recent book, The Regenerative Garden: 80 Practical Projects for Creating a Self-sustaining Garden Ecosystem. I am so excited to introduce you to the experience and natural vibe Stephanie cultivates, so stick around while we dive into practical permaculture with Stephanie Rose.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- A little background on Stephanie. Her journey through a disability and how gardening reconnected her to a positive healing journey and her own abilities.
- All about her journey of becoming a master gardener, an herbalist, a certified permaculture designer, and a well-written author.
- The science of how gardening is done and how to make it practical for the everyday gardener.
- You don’t need to know everything about everything, it is more important knowing how to plug into or create a strong regenerative landscape community and seek quality information and resources.
- Some ideas for watering systems, composting and some general examples of how to get started with regenerative gardening.
- Transition Ethic within permaculture. The goal is to continually move in a better direction, toward sustainability and regeneration… and not be hard on yourself for not being able to do everything perfectly. 🙂
- Three actionable steps: 1. Get Stephanie’s newest book. 2. Pay attention to soil health. 3. Focus on community, both the wildlife/environment and the people in our circles.
- Butterfly pathway!! What a fun idea!
Resources We Mention:
- Stephanie’s website
- Stephanie’s books
- Stephanie’s Amazon Page
- Search Garden Therapy on social media to find Stephanie!
- Biggest Little Farm Documentary
- If you order the Regenerative Garden before March 15th, you get some Pre Order perks!
For More on this Topic See:
- More of my podcasts/blogs on getting started with permaculture!
- PPP 33: Possibilities of Permaculture for Relief Efforts, Soil Building & Whole Systems Design w/ Koreen Brennan of Grow Permaculture
- PPP 29: Permaculture Luminary Mark Shepard on Lessons of Nature, Perennials, STUN method & Principles for Life/Land Restoration
- PPP 21: Edible Landscaping & Permaculture Principles w/ Alec LePoidevin of Fresh Roots WI
- PPP 16: Urban Gardening & Family Centered Permaculture with Jeremy Brown
- PPP 01: What is Permaculture?
- My Favorite Permaculture Resources
- Why You Should Hire a Permaculture Designer
This show is brought to you by ME and my super supportive family! If you would like to support this process, please leave me a review, share with your friends/family, pray for us, and/or pay it forward by helping others in need.
Some of my favorite Tippecanoe products:
Tippecanoe Herbs is one sponsor of this podcast!!! Check them out, and use code PRINCESS at checkout for an extra 12% off your order. (12% for the 12 disciples… :))
Some my favorite Kion products:
Kion is another sponsor of this podcast, Check them out and use my affiliate link!! Use code PRINCESS at checkout for an extra 15% off your order!
Intro/Outro Music by Scott Holmes, “A Wee Tipple”